Saturday, October 23, 2010

SUNDAY SURPRISES! 2

Last Sunday started as a really good day
as most Sundays do.
Susan and I took our regular morning walk and kicked
around some beautiful Fall leaves.

When we got home we enjoyed our steaming hot coffee and egg biscuits.
I decided to get out into the garden and tidy up a bit.
Many of my plants were well past their prime,
so into the composter they went.


My sweet neighbor, Anna, who is in her late eighties or early nineties,
called me over to her back door to chat.


She was so kind to offer me her late sister's gardening clogs.
Anna knows how much I love to play in the garden as her sister Sarah once did.
I couldn't have been more delighted...
they were a perfect fit.




Later in the day another friend stopped by with a second surprise for me.

I was awarded "Yard of the Month"
from our Tree Street Neighborhood Association.
Tell me, how great is that???



I believe I owe it to my Fall project, the scarecrows
I constructed out of things I found in the
basement, garden, and gardening shed.

It was a TOTALLY FUN project.

You can read about it here.



Happy, happy gardening.




4 comments:

  1. It is so good to have such nice neighbors. My neighbors are not so friendly though... anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your award. The scarecrows are really eye catching, and it is a very creative project. Happy, happy gardening to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! What a fun neighborhood, and congrats on the award! Such talent, and I bet it was fun dreaming it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice morning walk. I have clog envy right now. Those are really nice.
    I remember the scarecrows. I think they are the neatest thing I have seen. I, too, would have awarded you yard of the month, maybe the season. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarecrows are awesome. I would certainly snap photos of your house if I live close to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails