Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PLAYING IN THE GARDEN

It was a fine day Sunday.
I was able to get out into the garden
and knock out some things on my
"to do list"


I just love to walk the garden
and see what has sprung up.
My yellow primrose, Cheddar Pinks and Stonecrop
are coming back to life.



When the weather gets a bit nicer the outdoor furniture will
need a fresh coat of paint.


Found two big blue bottles
and put one to good use holding
this trellis together.


This side bed is my shade garden.
Today I divided and transplanted
some Hostas into it. Hope they make it.


I also divided and transplanted some
"Stella D'Oro" daylilys


Creeping Jenny coming along nicely.


Clematis climbing its way to the top.


The tulips are mostly up at this point.
They will be gone by Easter, since it is coming so late
this year.


My Crabapple tree is just starting to bloom this week.
Most of the ones I've seen in the neighborhood are already
at their peak.


Many of my daffodils are already done
except for a few late bloomers.


Lastly, let me show you my handmade
garden sign I just put it out.
I made it myself,
you can read about it here.
*
I'm linking up with a new friend,
Tootsie Time's
Fertilizer Fridays

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens! Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much in bloom for you! love those blue bottles...cute idea! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good walking in the garden seeing so many beautiful blooms while getting some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have more than a green thumb! What a beautiful garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden look lovely! Here in New England we are JUST WAKING UP for the season and My "TO DO" List is VERY LONG! The high winds today made it NOT A Good day to work. Spring is such an exciting time for a gardener!!! "Anticipation"!!!
    LOVED your gardens and LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your garden signs... If you get a chance Peek in on My Land of Blog. My gardens are visible in Last years posts AND Future ones to come...
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gardens. I love the sign you made. I have a sign I bought with a quote something like 'I love all my fine feathered friends' and put it next to my concrete statue of a cat washing itself. I know the quote didn't have that in mind, but they look kind of funny together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an enjoyable Sunday in the garden. It's all looking terrific. Your Daffodils, Crab Apple and Tulips are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this post! It will be a while before my crapapple tree blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until all the snow is gone, we have some buds on the trees and I can monkey around outside making trellis's with blue bottle tops!
    thanks for linking in this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely flowers and it looks so relaxing there! I love your garden sign too:)Deidre http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails