Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Beginning




I’m starting this blog mostly for myself. I’m old school and not very computer savvy. I need to keep myself current, and this is one way I can do it. This will be a learning experience for me.

Where to start??? I guess a little history wouldn’t be a bad beginning. Okay, here goes. Right out of college, that was in 1978, I started working in retail. My first job was in Toys at a department store called Lovemans, from there I went to a junior shop named Foxmoor, then Peck and Peck, after that, Jarrods, Ormond and finally landed at Victoria’s Secret in 1990.

I’ve had my hands in panties and bras for almost 20 years, and I have to say it’s been an enjoyable ride. Oh I’ve had my frustrations and my share of nightmare bosses, but on the whole, it’s been great.

I was managing a store I had opened ten years earlier and was starting to feel the drain, I reevaluated my life and what I needed and decided to make a change. No I didn’t quit. I ask my boss at the time if I could step down and still work for the company. It all worked out, I was able to become a full-time associate, keeping my benefits and continuing to do some of my favorite things. Since that time there have been some other developments, but nothing that couldn’t be worked out. I’m much happier now, have time to have a life, in retail that can be hard, and now have the opportunity to do something that I’ve developed a passion for…GARDENING!

GARDENING, that will be the jest of this blog. So if you’re not interested in gardening, you better keep surfing.

This post was originally posted on Nanniepannie's blog with Wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails