Friday, August 6, 2010

Fresh and Fabulous


Every Wednesday and Saturday a downtown
parking lot comes alive with color and freshness.
Yes, I'm talking about the local Farmer's Market.
It seems to get bigger and better every year.





When ever I go, there always is someone or something new. Of course, there's the fresh
fruits and vegetables, you'll also find plants and flowers, home-made breads, jams and jellies. There is even one booth offering incredible fresh, made on the spot, doughnuts.







I have to be honest, I haven't actually tried one of these beauties. I have actually gotten in line before but it's usually so long I have time to rethink the calorie count.



One of these days soon my impatience won't get the best of me
and I'll finally try one of the monsters.











Line for the
doughnuts


















Flowers and plants are always a big presence at the Farmers Market One of my favorite stops is Dena's Garden. She has lots of fresh herbs and is usually there to talk. On my last visit, someone had amazing cut flowers. The sunflowers were to die for. If you haven't explored you local Farmers Market, you really should. I don't think you'll be disappointed, think about it...a fresh tomato sandwich.




Happy Gardening to all!




Orig. Post 7/17/2010 Wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails