Sunday, August 22, 2010

MORNING GLORY




Have you ever had a vision in your mind?

There was no question, you could recreate it.


Something so beautiful and so simple, how could you fail?


Just a couple of packets of seed, the good earth and

Mother Nature.





Well...this gardeners here to tell,
it don't always work!!!
This past early Summer,
I purchased a few packs of Morning Glory seed. I've planted red Morning Glories,in the past, so didn't expect any problems. In my mind, I could see all these pops of blue color in my garden. I planted some by a little white fence at the side of my garden. I threw a few into a pot with some Mandevilla
I even constructed a bamboo tee pee in my shared garden with Anna. Lastly I planted a few in Anna's yard (my elderly neighbor) around a tree.


I don't know if I planted them too late, or the poor rain fall
we received but I was sorely disappointed.



One of the only decent blooms I've seen so far has been climbing up Anna's tree.

Oh well, there's always next year.
Happy gardening.







1 comment:

  1. Mine didn't come to the show at all! I was so disappointed.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails