Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home




VACATION… It’s a GOOD thing! I love the Summer because it usually means my family or some part of it will be taking a trip. We go somewhere every year, it might be to the beach or to see friends and family. Lately we’ve gotten into the habit of planning a big trip every four years, sometimes it’s to celebrate an event, sometimes it’s just because we can. Last week we returned home after a two-week trip to Greece. It was a wonderful trip. The weather was great, it wasn’t too crowded, we met some wonderful people, and of course the landscape was to die for.( I’ll share those pictures with you later.) Even with all that, driving up to our sweet home the day we returned, made me as happy as any event that happened on the trip. I am a firm believer that you should love the place you live, it makes coming home that much nicer and for those years when you can’t quite afford a big trip, it makes staying home not so bad.
One of the first things I did after arriving home (after saying hi to the kitty of course) was to walk the garden. WOW, can those weeds take over fast! Crabgrass had creeped in everywhere, its been a week and I’m still pulling at it. Not that I’m complaining, I love digging , scratching, and pulling in the dirt, it’s a stress reliever for me. Now that I’m getting things under control, I’m wondering…do I need a little more color in the front yard???

Orig. post 6/13/2010 Wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails